“Nothing so important as a land ethic is ever written… it evolves in the minds of a thinking community.” – Aldo Leopold
We might argue that a thinking community is just a start, and an activated community makes the difference! Taking action to encourage the appreciation, conservation, and use of native plants in the heartland through educating, collaborating, and facilitating the planting of regenerative native landscapes that are essential for a healthy planet stands at the core of the Deep Roots mission.
We believe that learning about the benefits uses and need for native plant landscapes is just a start. Creating native landscapes, big or small, now that’s the BOLD step that takes our knowledge and education to the streets for lasting change.
How do we move from knowledge to action? We’re glad you asked!
Join Deep Roots and our partners at the 4th annual Plan It Native Landscapes Conference on September 12-16, 2022. This conference, which is a mix of in-person collaboration, field trips, and virtual sessions, provides an incredible 20 concurrent & keynote sessions that build on the skills and knowledge that many of our attendees already bring to conservation. And new this year, Plan It Native offers a true beginner’s track for the newbie native gardener! Something for everyone!
Choose some or all the conference activities depending on your availability:
- Monday, September 12: Meet experts, colleagues, exhibitors, and friends in-person at our kick-off celebration event at Boulevard Brewing Company.
- Tuesday, September 13: Wander inspired landscapes during a field trip to one of five different sites (in the KC and St. Louis areas).
- Wednesday-Friday, September 14-16: Participate virtually (in your pajamas if you wish) as our expert speakers; share new research, discuss tried and true practices, expose challenges, celebrate successes, and work to help us overcome obstacles and barriers (including financial) to planting more sustainable landscapes.
This jam-packed week will prepare each attendee to act for sustainable landscapes wherever they live on scales large or small.
Concurrent sessions with famed experts cover topics in the following tracks:
- Beginning with Natives
- Design & Fundamentals
- Large Landscapes & Maintenance
- Community Spaces and Gardens.
Check out planitnative.org/ and register today! This event may arguably be the most impactful conference you will attend in 2022! Don’t miss out!
*CEUs will be available for ASLA