Deep Roots Program Manager
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 11, 2023.
Job Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Deep Roots Executive Director
About Deep Roots
Incorporated in 2016 as the Kansas City Native Plant Initiative, Deep Roots KC is an environmental non-profit focused on native plants. Our mission is to encourage the appreciation, conservation, and use of native plants in the heartland through educating, collaborating, and facilitating the planting of regenerative native landscapes that are essential for a healthy planet.
The Deep Roots Program Manager increases the appreciation and awareness of native plants by organizing summer garden tours and the winter conference, Plan It Native.
The summer garden tours are a new project, and the Program Manager is responsible for its development. Initial responsibilities will include benchmarking similar programs and working with our designer to build one or more webpages. The program manager will also recruit residents willing to host tours of their native plant landscapes and will schedule and promote these tours.
Conference planning includes event organization, speaker recruitment, and marketing. Other program work for Deep Roots also includes social media management and educational programming through webinars and newsletters.
With the Deep Roots team, this position will help the organization move forward on its strategic priorities: Activate Larger Audiences, Build Human Capacity, and Partner and Collaborate.
Deep Roots Job Tasks
● Recruiting residents with native plant landscapes
● Organizing and scheduling pop-up garden tours of these landscapes
● Planning and implementing Deep Roots’ annual conference, Plan It Native
● Leading Deep Roots’ social media presence
● Assisting with Deep Roots outreach programming: webinars, special events, and The Pollinator
● Knowledge of native plants and ecology
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience managing or leading volunteers
● Basic understanding of the non-profit sector
● Comfortable with technology
● Attention to detail
● Ability to handle multiple projects
● Able to adhere to tight deadlines
● Comfortable working with the public
● Knowledge of native plants and ecosystems
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Ability to work from home with reliable internet access
● Reliable transportation
● Ability to attend meetings in metro Kansas City area
● Physically able to participate in indoor and outdoor activities which may include uneven terrains and the occasional lifting of 30 pounds or more
● Ability to use MS Office Products, databases, Gmail (including calendar), social media apps (both desktop and mobile access), and Zoom
● Bachelor’s degree
Most tasks take place during regular business hours M-F with occasional evening and weekend responsibilities.
This position can be negotiated into a .75 or 1.0 full time employee (FTE). Deep Roots employees who work 30 or more hours each week are eligible for 100% benefits.
$39,000 (.75 FTE) to $52,000 (1.0 FTE) annually
15 days PTO annually
Paid holidays: ten per year, plus the days between December 26-31
Cell phone stipend and mileage reimbursement at the IRS rate